Monday, November 16, 2015

Field Blog- Gearity Elementary School

I am set on being a high school teacher, but it was still nice to visit an elementary school. Although I was a little board while observing a 1st grade classroom I think the teacher did an excellent job. All of the students were very well behaved. They all had personal iPads that they did math practice on while the class was getting situated. After everyone was done with the math practice the results showed up on the board and the teacher got to see what everyone missed the most and what she needed to review. I was surprised at how well the students were behaved and how they knew exactly what to do on the iPad. One little boy got all of the math practice right and his picture was featured on the board as star student. After this they did an activity where they had to build a city out of construction paper. The teacher had done her own example which I think is important to show the students that she did the assignment also. Over all I enjoyed my time at the elementary school but it also reminded me why I want to be a high school teacher. I want to teach something that is concrete and not just something I can go through the motions with. This experience showed me how effective technology in the classroom can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment