Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Blog Post 1

1. I preferred to be called Angela.


2. I am from North Royalton, Ohio.




















3. I am a sophomore and I want to teach High School Chemistry.

4. I really enjoy playing soccer and running. I played soccer from age 5-19. My three older brothers and two of my sister-in-laws graduated from John Carroll. I have a nephew named Will and a niece named Emma. They are one and half and four years old. I come from a very large Italian family. My mom and her parents were born in Italy. We are the typical big and loud Italian family and we love to eat pasta and other traditional meals. My favorite book series is Harry Potter and I have read all the books several times. This semester I plan to spend my time studying for class and also attending as many sporting games as possible, especially the soccer games. 
5. My family is one of the most important things to me. Like I said before we are a large, loud, and Italian family. We are very close and would do anything for each 
other. 

http://elitedaily.com/life/culture/growing-typical-italian-family/838934/

This article is so accurate in many ways. Sundays are the best day of the week and I love coming together as a family and it really starts the week on a high and happy note. I have so many cousins and although we don't see each other as much as we did when we were younger, when we are together it is always fun and crazy time. All the weddings in my family are huge and so much fun. The notable food items are antipasto with various meet and cheese and then also a huge dessert table. Yummy! Lastly, is the traditions. I love all my family traditions. Especially my grandma making homemade sauce, pasta, cookies and so many other things. She is an excellent cook and nothing compares to her food. I wish I knew her secret ingredients. 

6. In order for myself to be comfortable in a college classroom I need to feel like my classmates and professor are supporting me. I also need to feel like everyone is interested in what I am talking about or doing in the class. If I feel like no one cares about me and isn't listening I will not take any risks and be very uncomfortable.

7. My first semester of college chemistry is one of my best memories as a student. This class is when I realized I wanted to be a high school chemistry teacher. My professor loved her job and always told and showed us how much she enjoyed teaching us. The class was extremely difficult, but I wanted to succeed so bad and I did. I did really well in the class and even though I struggled at times it made me want to succeed even more. This class made me realize how much I enjoy chemistry and how I want to be a teacher that is challenging, but also makes the class enjoyable. 

8. I'm concerned that I won't be able to get out of college. I know that high school math and science teachers are in demand so that makes me feel a little better. My degree is going to allow me to teach grade 7-12 any science class except for physics so this also makes me a little more versatile compared to other teachers who can only teach one subject. 

9. What made you want to be an education professor? 

No comments:

Post a Comment